Wednesday, May 29, 2013

The paidal marg to Mukteshwar

It is where I go for the ATM, for the post office, for chicken and veg.
And it is an extremely pretty road. From where we live now, there and back is an easy six km walk. From Chatola, we need to add a steep climb of another km or so.

This is where the path starts - a right turn from the handpump.


And this  is what it  looks like, more or less. Part of it is paved like the photo below, part if  it is a series of steps formed by tree roots.

The views are lovely- this is the sun shining through maple

And this is a massive rhododendron tree

Coming out of the forest is a bit of a shock , but  still pretty

On to the tarred road, a left turn, and another 3/4th of a km to the church..and I can stop here, or go on to buy veggies.
I am lucky to have such a pretty walk- I need to do it more often

4 comments:

Unmana said...

This is lovely, though I'm afraid I can't call a six km walk 'easy'! :) I need to walk more, though I tell myself if I had such lovely paths to walk on, I'd do it!

Rozette said...

Oh my the views are breathtaking!

Gina said...

It's been far too long since I've read your blog, way too long. And I'm sad that I wont be spending time in this splendid home of yours this fall. But I will see you one way or another soon.
Love;
--G

p.s. love the video of Shona running in the snow and hearing you sniffle.

Amy zimmer said...

Stunning. Thank you for sharing your journey with us!

Post a Comment