Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Welcomed home

I was away for a month- a bit of work, a bit of visiting family. I got back on a foggy damp day. In the evening, the Himalayas welcomed me home with a spectacular show.Viewing the mountains is extremely rare in the monsoon. And to have it accompanied by unearthly golden light and brooding clouds is truly a gift. I am a lucky woman, I thought.


But this was not the best welcome.

I came in to Sonapani, instead of our home in Chatola. Mian's students are here, and so my wee household had moved here lock, stock and barrel when I was away. When I arrived, they were both busy with important things- Mian was meeting with his students, Shona B was showing her best friend who's boss.

I'll go and rest, I told them, come down when you are free. I turned and started to go down the steps. A noise made me turn around. There they were, my family. Students and play ignored, walking down the steps single-file behind me.

I am an incredibly lucky woman.

3 comments:

Unmana said...

I am absolutely sure the luck isn't all on your side.

I wish I could have kept you longer, but glad you're home and happy.

nadi said...

nice mountains.

lovely family.

want more pictures of Shona

Anonymous said...

The photo takes my breath away. Glad you are home safe.

xoxo

GG

Post a Comment