Monday, September 6, 2010

Wanting more.

He is here, my Mian is.

Travelling to Delhi despite jetlag just because I needed to go and we weren't prepared to be separated again. Gravely agreeing with me that the mould on the walls does add a certain decorative something. Good humouredly jumping headlong into the Great Game of stalking and appropriating our newspaper before the landlords 'borrow' it. Sharing with me the wonderful joy of a morning coffee while watching the world wake up. Eating a hastily made dahi-rice as if it was the most splendid thing ever.

And instead of wholeheartedly enjoying this, I am grumpy because he leaves in a fortnight. Somewhere inside me is the ability to be thankful for the now, to not let tomorrow spoil today. I need to find it, that's all.

7 comments:

Unmana said...

Enjoy the fortnight, and may the memories sustain you for a long time. I have less than a fortnight to go before the Guy comes back.

Next time you are in Pune, my treat at Kapila.

twoin1shot said...

I am so happy to hear you are together again. Wish there was something I could say that would help you with your struggle of "grumpiness" but all I can offer is (((HUGS))).

Chicu said...

Unmana, so glad the Guy is home soon..hope it's for a decent chunk of time.
2in1, Thank you for the hugs. the grumpiness was passing..hard to stay that way with the Mian, isn't it? will share the hugs.

Gina said...

i say feel the grumpiness, you are so cute when you are grumpy and i'm sure Mian agrees.

Unmana said...

chicu: Oh, he'll be back for the foreseeable future now. So all good.

burlesque_geographer said...

yaay for mian being back!! tell him i said hello!

GrumpyGranny said...

Thinking of the two of you, and smiling.

GG

Post a Comment