Sunday, July 19, 2009

Finally..

I got a house. The experience was such that I felt the multiverse wanted to assure me that the world isn't all bad.

 

After days of wandering around with a salwar kameez and bindi, I rebelled a couple of days ago. I didn't have any appointments with prospective landowners anyway, so I dressed 'normally'- cotton kurti that was just short of sheer, and wrap-around skirt. Not quite a bikini, but not quite dehradun. I am the only non-tween I have seen wearing a skirt.

 

Then my colleague tells me of a possible house. I go there, and that's empty, but I see a leprechaun peeking over the wall. I ask him, he turns out to be the gardener who moonlights as an agent, and he shows me a place.

 

By this time it is raining, and my kurti is firmly in the sheer category. I meet the landlady despite misgivings, and I get the house! No questions asked! Not too many anyways. I pay an advance on the deposit and it's mine!

 

So this week, I gradually move in my things..on Saturday I apply to BSNL to change my address and move my furniture. Monday onwards, I look forward to happy times without feeling the need to attach qualifiers to every wish..

 



3 comments:

Tara said...

Heartfelt blessings for your new nest, brave one, and plenty of love to make it a warm and safe one.

I wish you many many happy times within its walls.

*gives house and friend a kiss on the forehead.

congratulations!!

nadi said...

happy times ahead.

lucky house, it found you.


nadi.

Jo Chopra McGowan said...

Congratulations!

And by the way, I wear skirts and I am not a tween.

Post a Comment